Minter Field Airport District owns 1,172 acres, with 250 acres set aside for Industrial Center development and an additional 500 acres designated for future expansion. Below are just a few attributes that make our District unique:
- Located approximately six miles east of Downtown Shafter and 12 miles northwest of Bakersfield on Hwy 99 and Lerdo Hwy.
- The area is ideal for freight transportation. The proximity to Hwy 99 and Interstate 5 (two major North-South freeways), Lerdo Hwy, cross-valley transportation route, and Southern Pacific Transportation Company (railroad) offers access by air, land, or rail.
- Offers a business location with developed and “ready-to-build” sites, with an opportunity for developer participation. Sites may consist of small parcels to large multi-acre lots, and are priced at very competitive rates.
- The community located immediately outside of the District boundaries is primarily agricultural business; with industrial-related businesses (many associated with agriculture or petroleum) located to the east and southeast of the District.
- Our industrial tenant operations include oil and agricultural, manufacturing and distribution, commercial, and government-related businesses.
Current Tenant Operations:
Oil and Agriculture:
- G.K. Lewis Irrigation
- J.D. Rush Company
- West Coast Pipe Inspection
Manufacturing and Distribution:
- Builders FirstSource
- Core & Main, Inc.
- Asphalt Pavement & Recycling Technologies, Inc.
- Dynamic Research, Inc.
- Williams & Sonoma
- Zambelli Fireworks International
- California Department of Food and Agriculture, Cooperative Pink Bollworm Program
- United State Department of Agriculture - Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS)